This is a meme I found at Wayward Inn of Misfits about blogging! The rules are: you answer the 10 questions provided and then you create your own 10 questions for the next person to answer 🙂 Feel free to participate!
Here are my answers:
1. Do you blog and why?
Yes I do, sometimes not as much as I would like but lately I blog quite a lot. It kind of depends on the time I have. I love reading about other people’s dolls and so I decided to create my own blog to share my dolly family. I also needed a place to keep all my photostories and character developments together that I could control and edit easily and that is why I decided to create my own blog. It is an easy way to share my passion with others and also to keep myself organised.
2. How did you come up with your blog name?
You can read about the blog name and more in my About page, but here it is: My first personal site was called wishes and it always has been a word that I like. I thought it was appropriate to name my photostory series like that, it really gives a personal feeling of what is going on and my characters behaviors and ambitions
3. Do you design your own layouts or do you prefer premades/defaults? Why?
I use premade templates in my blog and I apply minor changes, like banners, colors, fonts, images, etc, to make them a bit more personal. I like graphics and design and I would love to design my own layouts but building a wordpress template (or most blog templates) from scratch is a really hard job and it need a lot of time and web development knowledge, that I don’t have…unfortunately…
4. Do you advertise your blog at many places?
I don’t often advertise my blog, mostly I just link it over on the specific doll communities, like Facebook, Flickr, DoA, because it is about something really specific. I usually link posts that have some related content or just put the link in my signature. I am also a fan of exchanging banners with other blogs, as I love discovering new bloggers about dolls and sharing them on my site, so if you are interested just contact me!
5. Are you the type of blogger who likes to have different blogs for different subjects?
Yes, I guess. At the moment I have one blog so it is hard to know, but my blog is mostly about a specific topic and I am one of those people who likes to keep each thing in the right place and separate everything, so probably I would be like this about blogs too.
6. What is more important to you; blog popularity (lots of hits/high blog view stats/number of followers, or readers who interact with you?
Readers!!! My favorite thing about blogging is the comments part! I love reading the readers comments and answering them. It is really rewarding to know your readers are interested and take the time to comment. I know my blog is not one of high stats but I love each time a new person comments my entries 🙂 On the other hand I am a bad reader myself. I usually do not have much time to read blogs and I follow quite a lot of them so I end up rarely commenting… I would like to comment more.
7. Do you ever feel disheartened by your blog and why?
Sometimes it is hard to keep up and I spend a long time without blogging. It makes me feel like I should post something and it kind of becomes a burden, but it rarely happens. I also would like to find some more topics to post to keep things more interesting, maybe something like the weekly posts, but I still haven’t come up with the “good idea” so I am still thinking about it.
8. Have you ever deleted a blog? Why/Why not?
Not really, I moved my blog from LJ to WordPress but uploaded all the posts. I guess I am quite new to blogging for this but for now I am not considering deleting it.
9. Do you reply to comments made on your blog? Why/Why not?
Yes, always! Like I said, my favorite part is reading them and I think that it is the least I can do since the followers took the time to write them and show interest 🙂 For now I don’t have many people commenting and I manage to keep up.
10. How much time a week on average do you spend either blogging or reading blogs?
I don’t know really, it depends. Sometimes when I have more time I read my Feedly almost everyday, sometimes once a week when I am busy. However I think blogs are important to keep me updated on all my interests and hobbies.
1. Why did you start to blog?
2. Do you have more than one blog? What are they about?
3. Do other blogs inspire you? Name your favorites.
4. Do you create your blog’s layout/graphics yourself or prefer templates?
5. What do you love the most about blogging?
6. What is the worst part about blogging?
7. Usually how often do you blog in a week? Do you have a schedule or you just blog when you have something to write about?
8. Do you usually comment on other people’s blogs? Why?
9. What do you enjoy reading in a blog?
10. Do you prefer blogs with mixed topics or about a specific thing?
Please feel free to link your answers post in the comments below this post so I can read them! Thank you and have fun ❤