I thought I would do a 10 facts about my new girl to present her and to introduce her story. Hopefully it won’t be too confusing as her story is quite complex, but hopefully I will be telling you more about it soon 🙂 Enjoy!
1. Arya’s real name is Arianne Llewellyn but she goes by Arya Lyn since she escaped.
2. She is running away from her family, because she found out they want to kill her. She lives on the run basically her whole story.
3. She lives in a world different from our own, with a very strict hierarchy and a social organisation that could almost be considered medieval. However this world is more developed than our medieval society was. One curious point is that women an men are considered equals, but while women are considered pure, men always have to take care of the “dirty” stuff.
4. She was born in the elite, the “Guardians of Eden” as they are called, and she is from a very important family. They are the leaders in her world. They live in Eden, a completely artificial and “perfect” place that works like a court, and is separated from the rest of the people.
5. She always felt trapped in her life, she hates rules and being proper, she always wanted to try something else and she always wanted to see what is outside of Eden.
6. Her father and mother died when she was little, and she doesn’t remember almost anything, she was told it was an accident, but nobody really knows. She was raised by an uncle.
7. She is very discreet and quiet by nature, and she is not at all used to love or demonstrations of affection, as in Eden it is not normal.
8. She has light blue eyes, that is something really rare in her world, and she is quite self conscious about them.
9. She pretty much doesn’t know how to do anything, she was raised having servants to do everything for her. Her servants are part of another group in the society and they are caller “Gardeners” (they are the workers in this world), some of them live with the masters, but most of them live in the cities outside of Eden.
10. When she runs away she is saved by Aleksander and he brings her to a “Nomad” camp. The “Nomads” are another group of people, they live in camps and move around the world doing business and commerce. They are like hippies or gypsies, the outsiders. But they are tolerated quite well because they are needed. Arya didn’t even know they existed until she is brought there.